Back for 2021, Christmas in Olde Town is spreading the holiday joy across the city! Encouraging a greater sense of community and holiday spirit, residents will be rewarded for going above and beyond in decorating their home for the holiday season! Sign-up to be part of the Altoona city-wide lighting contest for a chance to win bragging rights.
Thank you for your interest in the 2nd Annual Altoona Dazzle Lighting Contest! Fill out the questions below to be entered into the contest. Only your team/house name and address will be listed in the judging. Your team/house name can be your real name, or a name created to identify your house. A list of all participating addresses will be released before the week of voting, which will take place on the Altoona Area Historical Society Facebook page, December 14-19. Photos of each participating home will be posted with the team/house name and address. A committee of judges will select the winners for the other categories.
Rules and Guidelines
• Properties must be in the Altoona city limits
• Decorations must be visible from the roadway.
• The last day to submit an online entry form is Saturday, December 4th, 2021.
• Photo of your decorations must be uploaded by December 10th, 2021.
• Decorations for the contest must be available and lit up on December 12-18 between the hours of 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. for judging.
• Decorations are suggested to be in place and lit up on November 27th between the hours of 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. for Christmas in Olde Town.
• People’s Choice Award Voting takes place on the Altoona Area Historical Society Facebook page.
• All entries will be entered into the People’s Choice category automatically. Entrants may select one other category to also be entered into.
• Please leave decorations up through December 31st.
• Contest winners will be announced on the Altoona Area Historical Society Facebook page the week of December 20th.
• Winners will receive a yard sign showcasing their win to anyone who drives by!